July 13, 2009 by Penguin Swim Team · Comments Off
Below are the updated entries (as of 7/13) for the Harford Swim League Championship Meet. You will know the Saturday / Sunday swimmer schedule by Wednesday morning! Coach Kristin and Charlie will put together relays once we have your swimming schedule.
If you don’t see the file or want to download it, click here.
June 26, 2009 by Penguin Swim Team · Comments Off
Our swim meet this Saturday. June 27th, is at home. Please arrive by 6:55 am, ready for warm-ups at 7:00
Here your swimmers events: NH@AB 27-Jun-09
Here are our volunteers for the meet: Volunteer List for North Harford Meet
Here are the snack bar assignments. Snack Bar assignments for North Harford. Our snack bar is stocked by the parents. We count on your donations. Please bring the item assigned to your family. Apparently a lot of families did not bring in their snack bar item last week… if you are not going to be at the meet please send your item with another family. Also if you are assigned a drink please bring it cold.
June 24, 2009 by Penguin Swim Team · Comments Off
Our swim meet this Wednesday is in Valleybrook Country Club. Please arrive by 5:15, ready for warm-ups at 5:30
Here your swimmers events: AB@VB 24-Jun-09
Here are our volunteers for the meet: Volunteer List for Valleybrook Meet
June 16, 2009 by Penguin Swim Team · Comments Off
Our swim meet this Wednesday is in Belcamp at Riverside Swim Club. Please arrive by 5:15, ready for warm-ups at 5:30
Here your swimmers events: AB@BP 17-Jun-09
Here are our volunteers for the meet: Volunteer List for Belcamp Meet
June 16, 2009 by Penguin Swim Team · Comments Off
Download results from meet at Bel Air: Aberdeen vs. Bel Air Results
Great job on Saturday. We hope you all had a great time, especially our new families. We had many questions we thought we would answer as a group. It is very difficult to clerk and encourage 190 swimmers- we need your help.
1) It is very important that your child go to the clerk of course when the announcer calls their event. The clerk will put them in the right place. Lauri and SueEllen position themselves to help line up the little ones and walk them over, but they do not have time to search for every child on the team. Please make sure to tell them if you are timing and then they will keep them near while you are working. Please encourage your child to be at the right place and not playing in another team’s pool, playground, sandbox, snackbar, etc. if they are supposed to swim.
2) Do not leave the meet until you have read the relay sheet, we caught 4 children dressed, leaving and they were in relays. If they tell us they cannot stay for a relay we will honor that, but if they just leave without checking, we will not put them in a relay in the future.
3) Swimmers, upon finishing their event should wait for all swimmers to finish and then shake the nearby lane’s swimmers hands. Our team practices good sportsmanship at all times. We also pick up our trash and return the furniture we moved.
4) Wednesday night meets run late. Your child may only be in 2 events. Some of our age groups are too big to swim 3 events. Why? Because in each event we are only allowed to enter 9 to 12 swimmers per event. Most teams work out an agreement to allow us more. Bel Air was extremely generous to us Saturday because our 2 teams were huge! However small teams especially on a Wednesday night meet will hold us to the rule. Your freestyle event may be in the relay or even not at all. We try very hard to rotate you around so you can swim all events. All we ask is that you try!
5) Requests for events: As the season progresses you may make a request for an event on our home Saturday meets, we will need you to write it down 3 days prior to the meet and give it to your coach.
5) We thank all our wonderful parents that helped, timed, officiated, clerked, handed out candy, scored,coached, wrote ribbons…. whew!
6) You can check all of the league results and your times at the Harford Swim League Website www.harfordswimleague.org
Hope you had fun Saturday!! Thank you!!!!!!
June 12, 2009 by Penguin Swim Team · Comments Off
Tomorrow is our first official meet! Look forward to lots of excitement and lots of fun!!
Here your swimmers events: AB@BA 13-Jun-09
Here are our volunteers for the meet: Volunteer List for Bel Air Meet
Here are a few things to remember…
-Swimmers should arrive at BelAir Athletic Club prepared to be in the pool by 7:25. You will miss warm ups if you are late.
- We have been asked to park in the back parking lot and enter through the kids club entrance (far left of facility).
-New and young swimmers need to hang out with their coach or Miss Lauri and Miss SueEllen to make sure they get to their proper event and help with questions. This will cut down any confusion if they do not know where to go. We will walk your children through each event.
-We swim rain or shine (not in thunder or lightening)
-Parent bring money for the snackbar! cameras! sunscreen!
-Bring a chair or blanket to sit on.
-The meet should be over by 11:30!